Emerged out of a panel discussion yesterday at LSE. (ok, my tabloid beginning is done, the rest could sound a little boring...) Panellists included: Omar Faruk, Barrister, Chair of Southwark Muslim Forum Niaz Alam, Solicitor, Director of The Ethical Trading Initiative Dr Kamrun Hassan, something to do with Education Asif Saleh, Founder of Drishtiphat, a Human Rights NGO from Bangladesh Chair: a moody PhD student from King's College London. It was a Question Time sort of an affair on the future of Bangladesh but none of the panellists were actually a resident of Bangladesh (bar one maybe). It didn't stick to one agenda, Democracy and Theocracy were hardly the crux of the discussion, or maybe I missed it when I was dozing.. . Sharia The only main point I could find interesting to mention is the need to understand the Sharia. Most of us are ignorant of religious doctrines (myself included) and well a lot of us don't favour Islamic Law given the examples that exist, ie. Saudi, ...
Comments